Tuesday, September 12, 2017

I Pick You!

I don't know about it where you live but fall is definitely in the air here in Indiana.  The daytime temps have been in the upper 60's to low 70's and it's falling down into the 40's at night! I love love love this time of the year.  If I could I would choose this weather all year long.  As it happens the newest Club Scrap kit - Orchard is a perfect match for our weather here.

I was looking around various challenges and low and behold I was able to create a card for 2 challenges all in one!  That normally never happens for me because I'm not a good "combiner" when it comes to challenges...I get a challenge in mind and go with it then totally forget about the rest. Anyway, here's the card I made today...


So I stamped the image onto white cardstock using Onyx Black VersaFine Ink then colored it in using a variety of Prismacolor Colored Pencils.  I used the blender pencil to really combine the reds, yellows and greens and I added a bit of white on top for a little shine. As you can tell I wasn't aiming for the usual Red Delicious apple, I was going for a Jonagold apple - they are my favorite this time of the year...sweet with a little tartness.  The best in my book! Actually it reminds me I need to hit up a local orchard and pick up some. 

So, as it happens Addicted to CAS's challenge #119 is Apples! and CAS on Friday Challenge #116 is Color Me Pretty using Colored Pencils or Markers.






8 comments:

  1. That apple looks real as the light seems to be shining off the top corner. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such realistic coloring...love it! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring and blending with your pencils, Roni! I love the organic feel of the apples and your details are exquisite! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning coloring and blending, Roni!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!