Thursday, November 9, 2017

Rocks in the Mail

You know I'm a big crazy when it comes to all sorts of art.  Well recently a friend offered to send me some rocks when she saw a comment I left on another art blog about not having smooth rocks around here. 


They arrived!!  Aren't they just soooo cool?  I love them and can't wait to figure out what to do with them.  I know I want to paint a couple of them but I have to do some surfin' to see if there is anything else I "need" to do - LOL!!  I know it's odd to get excited about rocks but hey, one year I got some in my stocking and was thrilled.  Rocks are fun.

It was so cute, I have these sitting on my desk and Cole saw them and he thought they were turtles...Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to be exact - LOL!!


I also wanted to share my recent estate sale find...  this is a tiny 6" vintage cutter! I LOVE it. I've been looking for one of these for years but they've always been too expensive. I'm not paying more for this cutter than I do the one I use every day!  BUT I found one a couple weeks ago when dh and I went to southern Indiana to a tractor show. It was marked $15.00 but as luck would have it it was an extra 25% off because it was the last day of the sale - SCORE!!  The best part is whomever had it before took very good care of it because that knife on the cutting arm is VERY sharp. Works like a charm as you can see.

Hope you've all had a great week!

4 comments:

  1. That cutter you found at the estate sale is awesome!! And of course, those rocks are very cool too! LOL - so glad you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super lucky find. Looking forward to seeing how those rocks turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great score on the cutter. While I was out east (I live in Canada), I made it my mission to find the appropriate rocks to paint. I came home with a lot. I can't wait to see what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your cutter!! And who would think of mailing rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and comments!